Please keep in mind that each teacher may have a few varying rules and procedures, but each student is ALWAYS expected to follow and maintain the CTC and Health Science Dept. behavior expectations below.
Ms. Mariscal's RULES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Students are expected to be in their seats and completing their Warm-up before class begins.
- If you get to class and my door is CLOSED, you are TARDY! Three tardies equal a detention. Please take care of all your business before class and don't be late.
- Students will use the restroom and take care of other personal matters before class starts.
- Cell phones and all other electronic devices will remain on silent and put away, unless otherwise instructed by the teacher.
- Chewing gum, eating food, and drinking anything other than water is not permitted in the science room!
- Students will be allowed to speak, walk around, stretch as necessary, and fully engage in their learning, as long as they are not breaking other school rules and ONLY as instructed by the teacher. I expect the full attention of my students when I talk or lecture, no exceptions.
- Students are responsible for maintaining a productive learning environment—sleeping, continuously talking out of turn, bullying, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Students are expected to care about their work and their education. (Even when you have a bad day, try to leave your luggage at the door!)
- Students are expected to communicate with the teacher if they have any issues, questions, misunderstandings, need additional help, need a shoulder to cry on, etc. I am also a human being and I will try my best to practice understanding, as long as the student is honest and respectful.
- Students are expected to have fun! Science freakn' ROCKS!
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT MEETING EXPECTATIONS:
- First Offense - WARNING
- Second Offense - 2nd warning; Conversation with student and/or parents.
- Third Offense - Office Referral for further consequences.
Student Expectations of Ms. Mariscal as their Teacher:
(Written by my first students: class of 2018)
- Provide knowledge and lead the way to learning and understanding, so that students may be successful
- Be respectful of all students
- Be enthusiastic, nice, honest and cool
- Be willing to help students when they need help
- Allow for fun student activities as well as serious learning time
- Be a good leader and role model, and in turn teach students to be leaders themselves
- Be patient and encourage students to try their best and never give up
- Offer opportunities for tutoring outside of class
- Incorporate technology, as well as more traditional techniques into teaching style
- Give students full attention in class
- Help students stay on task and do their work
- Be honest with students when they are under-performing and help them get back on track
Signed on 8/23/2014